Friday, January 4, 2013

Opportunity

It's time for Five Minute Friday with Lisa-Jo Baker, The Gypsy Mama. 
She took a break from her weekly writing challenge, but she's back!
It's really a wonderful exercise, tapping out my thoughts unedited. 
You can see what it's all about and read what others have written in their free-for-all-five-minutes.

OPPORTUNITY

GO!

I read just this morning that the difficulties in life bring about opportunity (or something to that effect). That little statement grabbed my attention and set me to thinking about a conversation with a friend recently. 
"I see the glass has half empty." That's what I told her. 
Ugh! It's one of the things I hate most about myself, that I see the negative so much more clearly than the positive. You store up regret that way. At least I do. And the missed opportunities, I can only imagine all that I've missed.
As I sit on Wednesday nights and soak in all that others share about Jesus and Who He is, as I read through the words penned by John and inspired by the Holy Spirit, I think about Hope and Peace and Love.
And then I read about Difficulties and Opportunity. It's all about my frame of mind, the state of my heart. I so badly want to face the difficulties, the challenges with an attitude that asks "what opportunity is presenting itself here?"
I've heard it said that opportunity presents itself, so do I just wait around until it shows up?
Or do I make opportunity happen by opening my eyes, my heart because it's always there and all I have to do is see it?

STOP.

Speaking of opportunity -- if you have not yet taken the opportunity to read about my office organization project this week, would you please do so? And then, if you like what you see could you hop on over the OrgJunkie.com and vote for me? You can find my space is you scroll on down to #125 (hsmominmo - The Office).

3 comments:

  1. We are all made in Gods image. I am a pie in the sky glass is always full dreamer. My hubby is a glass half empty type of guy. We balance one another beautifully. How thankful I am that we are not all the same! :)

    May 2013 be a happy, peaceful and prosperous new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't consider myself a pessimist, but I have found myself waiting for opportunity to present itself. There are times for that, and there are times to pursue opportunities.
    I agree that having "an attitude that asks 'what opportunity is presenting itself here?' " is important. That might answer the question of whether to wait or pursue.
    Thank you for writing. I am visiting from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend toward "glass half empty" as well, and I too hate that about myself ;) But I agree, I think there is much opportunity in difficulty!! I think about how Paul says it is a privilege to share in Christ's suffering!!

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Enjoy:

these related posts