Thursday, January 19, 2012

Looking Back - October 2011 (part 2)

 To wrap up the month of October, I have just two words. 'Hello!' and 'Good-bye'. 





We said 'Hello!' to the newest addition to the family. Caitlin is now the proud owner of an 8 week old collie puppy named Blitzen. This not-so-little ball of fluff is full of energy and has brought a lot of fun and joy into our household.








the perfect pose
sitting pretty for my ww bread, his favorite food
But, saying 'hello' to Blitzen reminds us that we did have to say 'good-bye' to Caitlin's first collie, Solo. He had grown into a beautiful, sweet and smart dog. He really was a member of the family and it left a hole in our hearts last summer when he was all of a sudden gone. Accidents happen, especially out here in the open space of country life. We all know that. But still, we miss him.  I've added my 2 favorite pictures in Solo's memory, just because I want to. 



And then there was the Big Good-Bye. We enjoyed having Alyssa and George and the two sweetest, most beautiful grandbabies in all the world nearby for 3 months. It was so hard to see them go. Even today, as I sit at the keyboard tapping my fingers over the keys I get choked up and teary-eyed. Sheesh! I'll let you have another peek at my dear children who are now an ocean away, and you'll understand.

    
saying good-bye at the airport
Arioch Jude, my little man
Sweet Baby Jemimah Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Enjoy:

these related posts