Monday, March 22, 2010

A Peek Into My Day

Outside my window...
the morning sun, peeking up over the horizon

I am thinking...
I would like our government to have a more 'hands off' approach to governing .

I am thankful for...
a God that set the regular rhythms of life -
just knowing that Spring is on it's way makes gray winter days more bearable.

From the school rooms...
something new - lapbooks!
studying the formation of our country, the War for Independence

From the kitchen...
breakfast burritos
leftover homemade pizza for lunch
chicken enchiladas for supper

I am wearing...
my warm, fuzzy, blue robe

I am creating...
crocheted potholders, quilt squares for a farm-themed quilt

I am going...
to baseball practice after I tackle 'Big Laundry Monday' and schoolwork

I am reading...
Deuteronomy
The Duggars: 20 and Counting

I am hoping...
Winter is making its exit, and Spring is making its entrance

I am hearing...
the rustlings of my children beginning to wake to a new day, a new week

Around the house...
the beginnings of Spring Cleaning

One of my favorite things...
fresh green sprouts of Spring flowers, bravely poking through the cold, barren ground after a long winter

A few plans for the rest of the week:
baseball games, continuing spring cleaning, big monthly shopping trip, big monthly cooking day


A big thank you to Peggy over at 'The Simple Woman's Day Book' for the inspiration of the blog post - you can visit her at:

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Enjoy:

these related posts